Can't find webcam driver for Aspire 5755G

Options
minimalis
minimalis Member Posts: 2 New User

I own an Acer Aspire 5755G notebook. Recently I tried to use the build-in webcam, which kinda works. However it uses a default Windows driver which is not really ideal in my opinion. Unfortunately I could not find any drivers on the website. All I could find was an Application by CyberLink, however that does not include a driver.

Currently my webcam is pretty much restricted to 8 fps which is awfully low and I was a hoping a proper driver would help increase that. Can anyone help me finding the drivers for my webcam model. (It is supposed to be 'Acer Crystal Eye Webcam' and it shows up as '1.3M HD WebCam' in Windows1)

Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you run Acer erecovery software, you will be able to choose what drivers from factory re-install; so have a check if Acer erecovery and webcam drivers are available on your laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • minimalis
    minimalis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am fairly certain that my product shipped without this eRecovery tool. And I am pretty sure that this software only includes the drivers that are on the support page as well. My problem is that the driver(s) for the built-in webcam of this model is practically non-existent. At least it looks like it. There are some other topics suggesting that the application found on the support page includes the driver for this webcam, however it does not.