Can't boot from USB - Acer Aspire V 15

RashKash103
RashKash103 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V 15, model number V3-572G-5435 with 64 bit Windows 8.1. I am attempting to boot from a USB and am not able to do so. I've enabled the F12 boot menu from the BIOS and whenever I enter it, Windows Boot Manager is the only thing that is showing. I've also tried disabling secure boot, and in all of the USB ports. I also cannot use Legacy mode as whenever I enable it, I can't boot into Window, therefore it has to be with UEFI. I have even tried changing the boot order in the BIOS to have USB FDD and USB HDD at the top but it always goes straight into Windows.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you want to boot from USB using UEFI, you need to create a compatible UEFI media, disable secure boot for more compatibility.

i suggest you to use Rufus to create an USB bootable media:

http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

just choose the correct option on the first drop down menu (UEFI only), format FAT32 and then browse to your iso to burn on the USB flash memory.

if the bootable iso is not compatible under UEFI (like some multi recovery or multi tools iso like hiren's boot cd) you need to switch to Legacy, do what you need and then revert back to UEFI on BIOS.

I'm not an Acer employee.