Can i resort to windows 7 from laptop pre loaded with windows 10?

Options
crana97
crana97 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Guys, I am currently in a situation. I have just bought a laptop with windows 10, 1TB hard drive and 4GB RAM. Now I have been reading up online and people have been talking about processors affecting performance. Is it possible to downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7? this laptop came preloaded with windows 10 therefore the rollback option is not possible but i beleive all of the added features windows 10 offers really arent nesccecary.

My problem is the laptop is extremely slow at performing simple tasks such as opening google chrome, now bear in mind the laptop is brand new. somethings such as watching a youtube video can be absolutley fine although running a basic game such as Runescape the performance is all over the place. I am going to factory reset it once I get home hoping to get rid of any software pre installed by acer.

TLDR; Can windows 10 be downgraded to windows 7 even if i have no previous version of windows installed? basicaly can i buy a disc and install it and overwrite windows 10?

Thankyou guys.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

first of all, try to uninstall every software that you don't need, including McAfee, with the official tool:

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

then reboot and check if the overall speed is better.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • crana97
    crana97 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Ironfly, Firstly i'd like to Thank you for your fast response!

I have removed some software from my system  McAfee and a few apps I recognise such as netflix etc last night and restarted it and it did improve the performance slightly but there seems to be a number of programs I don't recognise the name of or have long codes e.g (GHS4000xe Driver) I know the example i have just put isn't a correct term i just used it for an example as i am not at the laptop right now. anyway, do you know of a recommended apps to remove (or required to keep).

I hope to hear form you soon and thankyou for the help.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

what's your laptop model?

I'm not an Acer employee.