Can I upgrade my Intel Pentium Quadcore N3700 Processor to Core i5?

Options
TMJ
TMJ Member Posts: 2 New User

My laptop model is ES1-431. Would it be possible to upgrade the Intel Pentium Quacore Processor N3700 to Core i5? Or i7 maybe??

I need to use it for photoshop and adobe illustrator (for work) so a better CPU really is needed.

I know that if I upgrade the processor, I would also need to upgrade the RAM to be compatible with the cpu, right? But I don't know which ones should I upgrade (maybe fan included??), so that it would go smoothly. Can you recommend and advise on what should I buy to make this possible, please?

Or will photoshop and adobe illustrator run smoothly without upgrading the processor? I'll just upgrade the RAM & SSD? And video card too??

Specs:

Intel HD Graphics

2 GB DDR3 L Memory

500 gb HDD

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Lessee the N3700 fits a FCBGA1170 socket (1170 pins). An i5-6400 fits a FCLGA1151 (1151  pins ). Might be a little difficult.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

No, you can't upgrade.

you already have the top CPU for your model.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • padgett
    Options

Why ? My R3 with N3700 runs with an i7. Biggest improvement was a SSD, minor was 8GB Ram.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I didn't find other officially supported CPUs by this platform, by the way if someone put an i5 and it worked...
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • padgett
    Answer ✓
    Options

Lessee the N3700 fits a FCBGA1170 socket (1170 pins). An i5-6400 fits a FCLGA1151 (1151  pins ). Might be a little difficult.

• TMJ
    TMJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

You're right. I guess it's not worth it.

*Update: Decided to sell it. Thank God, someone bought at Php13,000.00 from orig price Php14k+. Just bought a new one perfect for adobe illustrator.Smiley Happy