Can I install Nvidia mobile graphics drivers on my V3-771G / 730M ?

ZugzwangGroo
ZugzwangGroo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

I am wondering, is there any problem with installing the latest mobile drivers? The driver info is Version: 353.06 - Release Date: Sun May 31, 2015. The latest ones I can find on Acers site are from 2013. lol

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide Smiley Happy

ZugzwangGroo

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if a software/game ask for an updated version, yes you can install the Nvidia mobile drivers instead of Acer version.

remember to uninstall Acer version first and do a fresh install of nVidia drivers (if needed this option will be avilable on nVidia installer).

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ZugzwangGroo
    ZugzwangGroo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hy there IronFly !

Thanks for the responseSmiley Happy I am just concerned about performance with the new drivers is all. It seems that every time I try it I have performance issues with games that should run better than they do etc. All of my desktop gaming buddies,( I am mostly a desktop person as well ) tell me that when it comes to lap top graphics drivers you must always use the Nvidia drivers from the manufacturer of the laptop as they tweak the drivers for the custom things they do to the card. So, I dont know lol Smiley HappyThe problem is, if the new drivers dont work, the only way I can go back to the drivers with the stock drivers is to do a complete system restore lol. Wish me luck and thanks again !!! Smiley Happy

Mark

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

they don't work....means that installation fails?

if you download the Acer nVidia from Acer support service, are you not able to restore it without doing a complete system restore?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4090;-;Aspire%20V3-771G

by the way, your gaming buddies are correct, manufacturer drivers are better optimized.

I'm not an Acer employee.