Broadband/wireless connection drops randomly

Options
rosu22
rosu22 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello guys,i hope you can help me with this issue because is driving me crazy. I have an acer aspire e1-571 g and since last week ,my internet connection (broadband or wireless ,no matter wich i use) drops randomly ..and i can't reconnect untill i restart my laptop..i've tried to change MAC,drop ip,reinstal windows,reinstal drivers of ethernet and wireless,no result.. I'm starting to think that my motherboard is faulty..??

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may also check the currenty installed BIOS version installed in Acer laptop and update it to check the issue. The latest version is V2.21.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• rosu22
    Options

Thanks for your answer!! I've never tried on a pc or laptop a BIOS update,if you could tell me how to do it it would be great!

• Sharanji
    Options

Here's the steps to check the BIOS version that is already installed on your computer.

Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard to open device manager.
    Click Run and type msinfo32 in the Run box and hit the Enter key.
    In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• rosu22
    Options

I've looked up and i have 2.04 version...on acer driver website says that v2.21 that you've told me about is for windows 8(and i run windows7 64bit).... this what it says : BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)
    Update F2 function for the scenario "End-user shutdown and then power on the system based on Win8/Win8.1"

• Sharanji
    Options

This could be an internal hardware issue with the wireless adapter.

You may contact Acer support in your region here and send in the computer for service :  Acer Support