Bluetooth issue in acer aspire E1-510, driver Atheros 10.0.0.276

Options
menela
menela Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hi,

Bluetooth in acer e1-510 with last artheros driver 10.0.0.276 doesn't work fine with mouse bluetooth microsoft comfort sculpt mouse.

bluetooth driver 8.0.1.314 Qualcomm Atheros Communications.

System windows 8.1 update 1, celeron n2820, 4 gb ram.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

menela,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get your bluetooth mouse to work with the notebook. If you feel that the driver is the problem, I noticed you are using 10.0.0.276 and we have a more up-to-date driver 12.0.0.6900 available for download for Windows 8 64-bit.

I understand that you updated to Windows 8.1 but this driver should work. If this driver does not work, the only other option is to restore your system to factory default setttings, then test it with your bluetooth devices to see if it detects and connects.

Here are some videos / articles on how to enable and connect bluetooth in Windows 8 / 8.1:

Windows 8 - http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26608

Windows 8.1 - http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32027

• menela
    Options

I've wrote that my bluetooth hardware is an Qualcomm Atheros Communications

USB\VID_0489&PID_E078&REV_0001,PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_E07F105B&REV_01

Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter

You invited me to install the driver of Broadcom     Bluetooth Driver     12.0.0.6900 for w8 when I've got w8.1 update 1 ?

Default driver had some issue, by default this pc had w8.1.

Thank you.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Try this, Atheros 10.0.0.287:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=83&system=7

You must manual update drivers.

on Device manager, double clich your Atheros BT card, choose "Driver" tab, click on "Update driver", "click on "browser my computer for driver software", point to the folder where you unzipped the file, click on next.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I apologize as I did not see the vendor on the driver version I suggested. The above suggestion may work, however it is not a listed driver on our website and cannot gurantee that it will work. If you are still having problems, please contact technical support in your region.

• menela
    Options

I just install Atheros 10.0.0.287, and now I'm testing, in a few days I tell you if it will sove the issue, thank you.

But I scan in the website that I've Atheros wifi and bluetooth device and for bluetooth hasn't a new driver ( 8.0.1.314 as the mine).

• menela
    Options

No, the mouse loses the connection again.

• IronFly
    Options

No more ideas.

Sorry.

• menela
    Options

Now I unistall the usb bluetooth driver, and windows 8.1update 1 has install microsoft driver 6.3.9600.17093

BTH\MS_BTHBRB.

I'm in testing it.

• IronFly
    Options

Good try, sometimes windows 8.1 default drivers are better than manufacturers.

• menela
    Options

This evening I start the pc (with bluetooth driver of microsoft) and the mouse pointer was frozen, unable to do everything I have reinstalled the driver of artheros.

I think to wait new driver in the future or buy an usb adapeter external.

Someone know how contact atheros for ask about this issue? thank you.

• erial
    erial Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I have also problem with Acer Aspire E1-510, win 8.1, 64-bit, and Microsoft Sculpt Comfort bluetooth mouse. The mouse is paired with the computer and bluetooth connection is on, but the mouse stops responding (it frozes and it is unable to recover unless you turn the power off/on). This happens several times during the day making the use of the mouse very difficult. The mouse is listed in bluetooth device list, and the connection is on (the mouse is paired), but it keeps on frozening. (It seems that the computer is constantly searching for other bluetooth devices altough the connection with th mouse is on.)

I have updated bluetooth, mouse and network drivers via Device Manager. Is there some other way to update the drivers and/or to ensure that I have the latest (or the most appropriate) versions of the drivers? I am also wondering if there is some kind of "sleep mode" for bluetooth connection, or if some applications may interfere the connection?  I have changed the batteries for the mouse, so that is not the reason.

(I don´t want to reinstall windows because I have done it few weeks ago and I am still working with the installations.)

Computer: N3520, 2,16 Hz, 4Gt, 64-bit. Win 8.1.