Bluetooth drivers are gone. Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Options
ian-413
ian-413 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I am using an Acer Aspire V5-573PG, I've been using Windows version for a year now but I recently discovered that my bluetooth drivers were missing. I am not sure when it went missing. I have tried downloading the drivers from the acer website. I installed them through the setup provided within the zip file however it still doesnt show in device manager. I have tried searching for it but nothing comes up. Hope someone has a solution!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

on device manager, click on View tab and select show hidden devices.

check if any yellow exclamation mark is present or unknow device or if BT devices are listed as hidden devices, please right click it and choose to uninstall (select to uninstall software too if prompted)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ian-413
    Options

Hello, thanks for replying. I have tried doing what you've suggested but I still can't find the bluetooth adapter! I've attached a screen shot of my device manager, hopefully it will help.device manager.png

• IronFly
    Options

Do you still have the option to turn BT on/off on windows?

which drivers have you tried to install?

there are 3 on Acer support website.

• ian-413
    Options

No, I don't have the option to turn BT on/off. I tried installing the Bluetooth Atheros 8.0.1.318 for Windows 8.1 64-bit

• IronFly
    Options

at this point, i suggest you to try an Ubuntu Live CD, so you can check if BT is dead or working on a different OS enviroment.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download

simply boot from an ubuntu USB or CD media without installing and check if BT is recognised, if not, probably you have a dead adapter.