Black screen Aspire 5532

Options
vitachick
vitachick Member Posts: 5 New User

Neighbor gave me an Aspire5532...Have no clue how to see the screen...So far just black..Been plugged in few hours, figuring battery had to be charged....No instructions feel like such a dope.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• vitachick
    Options

Now nothing...No lights at all. Unable to turn on..Did get it working with help from Comcast support..Was getting blue screen...hardware/software conflict??  Think I killed it..

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

• vitachick
    Options

It's dead and needs to sent out for repair....Keep getting blue screen hardware/new software..

Smiley Sad     Wasn't going to use it just wanted to see if i cud get it started and working...

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Can go to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and give it model number 5532. There are a number of drivers and some documentation available.

Bluescreens may mean the operating system needs to be reloaded.

• vitachick
    Options

Thanks for reply but not messing with it any longer...When plugged in do not see any lights at all as I did before..

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Then I'd find a young nerd to give it to. Just a thought but suspect it may be salvagable.

• vitachick
    Options

Told David,who gave me the laptop, what happened..Said I'll fix it and give it back to you..He said no, piece of junk and throw it out.Been in his closet for 3 hrs or so lol...I won't use it as I have two desk top units..

Guess I'll just hang onto it..Cannot throw it out for some reason..

Thanks for reply