Big problems with my touchpad (Aspire V3-772g-747a8g1tmakk)

Options
marcbra
marcbra Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi guys, i've bought an Acer Aspire v3-772g-747a8g1tmakk about 2 months ago and i'm having lots of problem with my touchpad. From the first day i used it i noticed a strange noise when pressing the left button of the touchpad, a noise of plastic bad assembled. In the following days i've also noticed that sometimes the touchpad didn't respond to my commands, it was like if there was another finger on the touchpad, some areas of the touchpad and buttons didn't work until i have rebooted the pc several times. I've also noticed that moving the laptop (from my bedroom to the living room) made the noise of the touchpad disappear, but the problem of not responding to my commands was still there. So i called the online shop wich sold me this laptop asking the substitution of the laptop. The courier passed to take it and then they sent me the new one. On the new one there were all the stickers that i removed, but i didn't take the serial number to be sure that they sent me a new one and not the same i sent them. I'm having this doubts because all the touchpad problems still persist and are getting worst and worst. Do you know if it's a problem of this series? Do you know if it's something i can fix by myself without sending it to the Acer service? Because i'm a University student and i live far from my house so i need strongly the laptop for studying, i can't bring my desktop computer there. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry for the problems you are having with your touchpad. From the description of your problem, it is hard to tell if there is a problem with the touchpad hardware, or if it is a setting. Did the touchpad ever work properly, or was it not functioning correctly from the first time use. I am including 2 articles below that may help understand how the touchpad functions and may help determine if you have a hardware problem. Make sure you are using the tip of your finger, because if you use the side of your thumb, it may not recognize your swipes.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Changing-Windows-8-1-precision-touchpad-settings/ta-p/329207

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Touchpad-troubleshooting/ta-p/307854

• marcbra
    marcbra Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Unfortunately that links were unuseful for my problem. However, the touchpad works correctly in the 70% of times. Is it an hardware problem? Acer is disappointing me.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

It is hard to say if it is a hardware problem, or setting that may be causing your problems. If it worked fine before, I suggest trying a refresh or reset of Windows to see if that fixes it. If it does not fix the problem, then the issue is most likely hardware related. If you feel you have a hardware problem, please contact technical support in your region to inquire about repair options.