Battery not detected Aspire 3820

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I don't want to roll back to previous Win, whatever version that was, can't remember. Win10 upgrade solved some other issues and made this old laptop happy again.>>>

The original factory-fresh Win7 version should still be in a hidden ACER partition on your hard drive. Whatever ***other*** Win7 issues that you had before besides the battery, should be fixed with a factory-fresh re-set using the ALT+F10 boot method from this hidden ACER partition if it hasn't been wiped out by the Win10 installation. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Ginalaw
    Ginalaw Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    TomasK said:

No luck. But there are two battery drivers. The "Microsoft ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery" I've tried to mess with several times over the past week, since it is a common advice found on internet. But the other driver is named "Microsoft AC Adapter", and since no one ever has mentioned that one I have not dared touching it. Should I uninstall both at the same time, and restart etc?

Thanks for helping me! /Tomas

(PS. I've replaced the battery once before, a few years ago. That was also failing until I had to go back to Acer and make sure to buy an exact copy of the original battery (Double the price). But now its been discontinued by Acer, so I have to find another maker. At that replacement the battery bugged in another way making the laptop behave in mysterious ways. You could not expect to connect that to the change of battery, but it did not stop until I got the exact original Acer battery.)

Hello could you tell me where you downloaded?  thanks

Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery windows