Battery meter got stuck, but then changed?

Options
Slick
Slick Member Posts: 23 New User

So the issue that I had with the battery meter that I was going to post about here is that it was stuck at 59 percent for a long time. I'm pretty sure the percentage should've increased because I had the laptop plugged in for over an hour. After doing some research, I decided to check to see if any part of the charger was loose. The brick part on the adapter felt like the plug was a little loose, so I pushed that in all the way. I also switched the other end of the plug on a different port of my surge protector to see if that made a difference.

So after a few minutes of doing this, the battery meter just all of sudden changed towards 100% along with the orange light turning blue to confirm it. So far, the battery meter seems to function normally with it's increase(on charge)and decrease(no charger plugged in), but does anyone know why it did this in the first place? I'm hoping it was just a loose connection and nothing else.

I'm using an Acer Aspire ES1-512-C1W0 with Windows 8.1 64 bit 4GB RAM.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Windows battery meter or some other battery widget?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Slick
    Slick Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

Windows battery meter.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, agreed, loose connections or perhaps a somewhat dirty jack and/or plug seems reasonable.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ