BIOS with S.M.A.R.T. disabling option for Aspire 4741Z

Options
Ooker
Ooker Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a HDD with some bad sectors, and the S.M.A.R.T. check keeps warning me before the OS boots in. I had decided to ignore it, but in my BIOS there's no option for me to disable the check. According to BiosAgentPlus, my BIOS is updateable, regardless of the official final version listed in Acer's product support. I cannot find a newer version for my BIOS in the internet, which I think it should be. Do you know where can I search for one without having to pay for it? Thank you.

• Motherboard Model: JE40_CP
  • BIOS version: Phoenix V1.31

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

normally all BIOSes are upgradable but this doesn't mean that you can find an update.

the only resource to find a BIOS update is the official Acer support website; other ways, not official, can brick your laptop.

by the way, at your own risk, you can ask to some BIOS mod community, give it a search.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

normally all BIOSes are upgradable but this doesn't mean that you can find an update.

the only resource to find a BIOS update is the official Acer support website; other ways, not official, can brick your laptop.

by the way, at your own risk, you can ask to some BIOS mod community, give it a search.

I'm not an Acer employee.