Audio Device notfound & PCI Device driver issue on Aspire One

jott311
jott311 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have 2 Aspire One netbooks, both worked fine a major crash. I installed a newer xp with SP3 and all the drivers from Acers download site for my netbook by serial number. After everything appeared to be working fine I made an image and cloned the other netbook.

Now when opening a youtube item the video closes and I puts up an error message about device configuration

When I open my control panel and look at sounds it states that "No Audio Device is found"

Under device manager I have a PCI device not configuring and have pinned it down to "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_015B1025&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&D8"

I believe the sound device issue or pci issue are related and causing youtube video to error out.

I checked the bios versions tonight and the computer has the latest bios.

Any advice? Thanks......... My wife uses her netbook all the time that's why in need to get it working again. My netbook sits sits most of the time until I travel. I have a 15" aspire I normally use.

Best Answer

Answers

• MackArron
    MackArron Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi, you should try a program called "3dp chip" it scans your computer and let you download the latest drivers for free, withouut any ads or something fishy like that.

http://www.3dpchip.com/3dpchip/index_eng.html

My laptop had some wifi issues until i installed the newer drivers with the help of that program, you shouuld try it and then come back and tell me if it worked for you.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

That HardwareID is from Atheros wifi module, so you must download the Atheros wifi drivers.

About audio device not found.....

can you post the exact model of your notebook?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jott311

Tinkerer

AOA150 is the model and I tried re-installing and it comes up with the same issue. The Wify seams to work fine

PCI\WEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_015B1025&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&D8 is the PCI device that is showing up in device manager as not installed

I had read a post about the chipset drivers needing to be installed first when doing a reinstall of XP in order for the other driver sets to find the correct ddevice.....when I loaded the drivers, I just started from the top of the order they were alinged in the file manager. I'm wondering if that's the possible reason for the sound card not working. I would have installed the audio driver before the chipset drivers.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Ok, checking better the HardwareIDs, appears to be the high definition microsoft audio device.

Microsoft patch is required before any of the HD device drivers are installed, but the patch will only go on windows  XP SP2 computers.

Refer the link: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=888111&kbln=en-us image

Open the device manger by typing the command devmgmt.msc. Select sound, Video and game controllers.

If any driver installed uninstall it one by one.

Open the registry editor and browse the following location

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\

Change the CSDVersion value to 200. Restart the computer

Download the Microsoft patch kb888111xpsp2.exe

Refer the link: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=888111&kbln=en-us image

After updating the patch install the the correct audio drivers for the system.

Restart the computer.

Open the registry editor again.

Locate the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows path and change the CSDVersion value to old one i.e 300.

Realtek audio drivers:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_5.10.0.6010_XPx86_A.zip?acerid=634000694249253062&Step1=NETBOOK,%20CHROMEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20ONE&Step3=AOA150&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• jott311

Tinkerer

Thank you ACE Pathfinder............just noticed the Pathfinder name, In another world of Fire Incident Management I am known as Pathfinder.....how about that.

Read your post and thank you for it, now this question, since I already have XP-SP3 installed do your instructions work with that or do I need to take the computer back to SP-2 and then follow the instructions?

Thank you, Jim Ott

• IronFly

EDIT:

try this simplier thing before:

try to install the driver manually, double clicking on the device with yellow exclamation mark, install driver and browse to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

and choose "hdaud.inf"

• jott311

Tinkerer

There is no rthdaud.inf or hdaud.inf file. There are .dat and sys files, but no inf

Back to the original question, to follow your original instuctions do I need to take my computer back to XP-SP2 or do I do the Hotfix on XP-SP3

• IronFly

you can do the hotfix on sp3 too, the registry hack is needed to install the hotfix on sp3.

• jott311

Tinkerer

Well you don't want to be timid or faint of heart with a computer to do this, but it worked great! Thank you. I stumbled around in device manager removing drivers and am use to the full text line for the Hit Key registers but figured out what H key you wanted me in and then realized I was just telling the computer it was in SP2 rather than 3. When I unzipped the hotfix there are a gazillion languages and the fix is really made for administrators, but I figured out to use the US file and just run the XP-SP2 and not worrie about any of the command lines the readme file was talking about. Again, thanks, my wife is real happy to have you tube working again so she can get knitting instuctions again when needed!

[edited for privacy]

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• jott311

Tinkerer

"Hi, you should try a program called "3dp chip""

Well Mark I usually try to avoid freebies out there especially when they involve downloaders,  but I'll tell you what, I was desperate so I went ahead and gave it a try (actually twice, because I didn't feel I downloaded the correct program the first time).

The first time I selected the BIG Green Download button and downloaded and installed (after reading the agreement) a program (Win-Zip) that scanned my computer and came up with a list of 11 drivers it said I needed to update. In order to update the program wanted a $30 fee (believe it was a membership). Well since I could not download the drivers to know if they actually worked before I paid the fee, I declined.

The second try actually opened up the 3dp chip download which appeared to be an advertizement the first time I went to the web site. I downloaded the 3dp chip exe file after reading their agreement policy which said you could run the program without agreeing to install the other programs attached to the file (was actually a search bar install attachment). I ran the program, it identified 5 files that possibly needed updates, but it could not identify the audio driver which was the problem.

I give the 3dp chip program and the other download Win-Zip a -10 in success of actually doing anything constructive. Like most freebies out that are based on resolving computer issues for non thinking computer users, they are just programs that try to fee one of some personal cash.

I would rather give my free cash to productive designers such as LibreOffice, Ubuntu, Firefox, and other public software providers.

So I did as you asked.....and did try it out......and would not sugest that anyone else give it a try. The Acer Pathfinder on the other hand responded to me with two possible fixes, one simple, one a little more trying. Simple did not work, the the other did..........Big Kudo to his responce