Asus aspire e5-771 Wlan drivers. (win 7)

Options
Bacillb
Bacillb Member Posts: 1 New User

So I just installed windows 7 on my Asus aspire e5-771 (since Windows 8 is something i dislike A LOT). And everything works fine except for wlan. The icon in the bottom left is only for the LAN and not WLAN. There is no indication that the system has wireless, but it had on windows 8.

So.. Windows update isn't installing any wlan drivers either, I've tried to manually install them from acers website, but either I've managed to pick the wrong drivers or I've done something completly wrong? There is also 3 diffrent wlan drivers on asus website and one lan driver. I installed the lan driver for Asus Aspire e5-771G, even though the computer is a e5-771(no G) for windows 7, and that made the lan work. What should I do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

I'm not an Acer employee.