Aspire v3-771g wifi don't work

Options
Szlifu
Szlifu Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, my problem is that WiFi literally don't work - i can't connect to any network.
I'm using Windows 8 Pro.
It's a i5 + geforce gt 630M version.

When i'm installing an Atheros Drivers, it says that device is disconnected and drivers cannot be installed.

Wi-Fi is totally turned off - I mean the led isn't lightning, blinking or nothing - it's dead.

I can't use Fn + F3, it don't work at all.

I've installed LaunchManager, Fast Lane, Touch Pad and Dritek Rf button.

Now, in Fn + F3 i can turn Airplane mode, nor Wi-Fi.

Is there any solution to turn this on? It stopped to work from day to a day - yesterday it works, now it isn't.

Done some formats, it don't even work on Windows 7 with Acer drivers. Maybe card is dead?

If u had same problem, please help. I'm very thankful.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope the key words can be understood.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may reset BIOS to default settings, tap the F2 key as soon as you restart the computer since windows  loads too fast.
    Please press the F9 key and then select "Yes" to load default and save the configuration.
    Then press the F10 key and select "Yes" to save the changes in BIOS.
    The computer would restart automatically.
    You may run the hardware vendoe utlity and check if the wireless device manufacturer is listed.
    You may also  check the BIOS version installed on your computer and instal the latest one from Acer suport website.

Let us know if you need further assistance with wireless related issues. We will be happy to help.

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!

• Szlifu
    Options
    Ive taken bios to default, updated - nothing work. Card is listed in system as "PCI Communications something". When I trying to update it manually it came with error code 10. Do you know any program to turn atheros card on and bypass function buttons that isnt work propely ?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may right click and uninstll the devices yellow exclamation mark in device manager, it is an indication that the required drivers are missing. Then download and insatll the motherboard driver and Atheros wireless driver. First
     Install the chipset driver.
  • Szlifu
    Options

Still the same situation. The problem is that i can't turn on wi-fi in any way, because Fn + F3 seems not work. I need solution to turn Wi-fi on. When it's off I can't install drivers. Uninstalled "PCI Simple Communications" but when I installed chipset driver it comes back witch yellow sign on it. What else can I do?