Aspire one d250 and trying to install windows 7 starter

Options
litris
litris Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Acer Aspire one D250. One week ago my HDD didnt work and I bought another HDD. I dont have CD for reinstall windows XP that it was installed. Now I wanted to install windows 7 starter but impossible. He says he can not because the BIOS might not be compatible with the operating system and then tells me that if I want to load drivers. I'm a little desperate. I changed in the BIOS mode IDE hard drive to AHCI and vice versa. If I put IDE and try to install windows 7 does not recognize the disk (I have to put in AHCI).

The message I get is:

You can not install windows on this HDD. It is possible that the hardware of this equipment is not capable of booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.

Another warning he gives is:

The installation program can not create a new system partition or locate an existing one. See the log files installation program for more information.

I updated the BIOS version to the last (1.29).

Could someone tell me what to do?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

For information:

"Windows 7 Starter only comes preinstalled—mostly on netbooks—so you can't buy and install it on your own."

France
  • litris
    litris Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

Thanks Laurent_14,

Finally I installed windows XP Professional SP2. Now all it's OK.

Thank you so much.

Regards.