Aspire one 725 -Constant cpu usage

Minhao
Minhao Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi all,
I recently acquired an Aspire one 725. I am beginning to notice some problems, like the cpu usage is always 90-100%. I have done some googling and tried terminating cpu-demanding processes, however either it doesnt work or it will state that access denied.
This problem is making my laptop constantly slow and is beginning to drive me nuts.
Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer

What specific process(s) seems to be consuming the most CPU resources in Task Manager? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Minhao
    Its system idle usage-cant seem to stop it.
  • JackE

>>>Its system idle usage-cant seem to stop it.>>>

SystemIdleProcess indicates the percentage of time the CPU is idle or NOT being used by any other process. Accordingly, it is good for the SystemIdleProcess to show high percentage of CPU idle time. This is NOT a problem! When you look at the Performance tab you will see that CPU usage is quite low when SystemIdleProcess indicate high CPU idle time. This does NOT cause the system to run slowly. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Minhao
    But my laptop was getting darn slow. Even moving the cursor lags. Btw my laptop wont even work now.
  • JackE

>>>my laptop wont even work now>>>

Do you see the ACER logo screen when you first turn on the machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

If the bootmanager is now missing, it is likely the hard drive is failing. We can try to re-set the machine to factory-default if you still see the ACER logo screen. If the re-set is successful, you should try to clone the old hard drive onto a new hard drive ASAP. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ