Aspire keyboard malfunction

Options
sargew
sargew Member Posts: 2 New User

I seem to be the lasest victim of the Acer keyboard malfunction. It is on an Acer V3- 7314634.  Some of the keys will  malfunction, either by double striking the key pressed, and the one next to it, or not working at all.  The laptop 2 years old, so it is out of warranty.  I  can't even find a resource to identify what may be causing the problem, software or hardware.  The SNID of the laptop is [edited to comply with guidelines].

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I suppose you own an Aspire V3-731-4634.

1. Have you cleaned the keyboard with a spray duster (compressed air)?
    2. Does an USB external keyboard work?

In all cases, I give you the part numbers of your keyboard if you want to replace it:

Spoiler
    KB.I170A.410KEYBOARD.GF7T.103KS.US.INT.BLK
    NK.I1713.066KEYBD.US-INT.103KS BLK
    NK.I171S.00WKEYBD.103K.BLACK.US-INT.WIN8
    France
  • sargew
    sargew Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the keyboard has been throughly cleaned. We are currently using it with a wireless keyboard.  Some of the keys are intermittent with their double strike. Currently it is the left shift key and the #1 key.  Are the three different part# because of different colors?  

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Are the three different part# because of different colors?

No that's only different manufacturers and "an evolution of parts" relative to other models.

I confirm the three keyboards are for your laptop Aspire V3-731-4634.

When you'll disassemble the keyboard, you'll find the part number under the bar code on the other side.

France