Aspire e5-521 hardware virtualization

Options
adrianbucks
adrianbucks Member Posts: 3 New User

First I like to say HI to the community. So, HI guys!

My name is Adrian, I'm new aroud here but after searching here and google for enabling hardware virtualization I found no answer, so I thought opening a post about it and maybe get the answer form someone. I also emailed Acer about the issue with no answer for 2 weeks now.

I have a new Aspire e5-521-65DE with AMD A6-6310 processor, a processor that has capability of hardvare virtualization as I serched for that prior to buying the laptop but, as I found out, no option to enable it. Maybe I'm missing something, or I've overlooked but at least in bios I didn't find any option for hardware virtualization.

Once again, maybe I'm missing something but on my previews laptop, a Sony Vaio with an Intel i3 processor was an easy task to enable hardware virtualization form bios.

One other thing is that the processor is set to run at 1.8GHz, but Acer made it clear, writing all over (package, sticker on the case, online) that can be overclocked up to 2.4GHz with no option in bios to do it. I do recall from a previous AMD powered desktop pc that there was a bios option to do it, or I'm wrong.

I'll apreciate your opinions and posibly a solution and thanks for the time reading the post.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Some computers support virtualization that allows you to run more than one operating system on your computer. If your computer meets the hardware requirements below, you can configure Hyper-V to utilize software virtualization. Please check the version of windows shipped wiht your computer.
    Requirements:
    Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional or Enterprise only
    4 GB of RAM
    A 64-bit processor that can support Second Level Address Translation (SLAT). You can run a utility like Coreinfo to find out if SLAT is supported on your machine.

If your system meets the above hardware requirements, use the following steps to to install or turn on Hyper-V.
    Press Windows  key + W
    Type Features, then select Turn Windows Features on or off from the list of search results.
    Check the box next to Hyper-V, then click OK to enable this feature.
    You should now have a Hyper-V application listed with your Windows Apps.
    Also note that  Windows will display an error message if your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements for virtualization. 

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• adrianbucks
    adrianbucks Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

thanks for your reply, but already did check those steps, CoreInfo reported that as true, but no Hyper-V on add or remove windows features. Even so, on my previews laptop I had an option in bios for hardware virtualization and on this one is missing