Aspire e15 black screen upon booting

Options
andrewuh
andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User

I booted up my Aspire e15 and the computer turned on, showed the Acer loading screen, then went black with the LED backlight still on. The mouse remained on the screen and could be moved around but I can't get past this back screen. Is there a solution to this other than reinstalling Windows 8? And if I do have to reinstall windows 8, is there a way to salvage the files on my hard disk? Thank you.

Answers

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User
    Options

you have received the BSOD,, black screen of death.. but it may not be dead.. do you know if you received a software update recently?  Shut down your system completely.. unplug the power source if plugged in and remove the battery.. hit your start button a few times to clear static.. than plug your power soucre back in.. and place your battery into place and lock it..restart your system...If you receive the black screen again.. shut back down and wait a few minutes.. and restart in in safe mode..

If you are not sure how to start in safe mode.. I will be happy to walk you thru it... when you are able to get into the system.. you will want to look to see what caused the crash ... I can give you a few items of what to look for if you need..

Hope this helps you ...

• andrewuh
    andrewuh Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Thanks for responding. After talking to the IT department in my school and y dad, who is an IT services manager, I decided to just reinstall the operating system. 

I do appreciate the response though.

• misterblister
    misterblister Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there. I just got one and with in a month I got the body. . How do you remove the battery? 

• pmdcjo123
    pmdcjo123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have recently purchased an E15. The screen is going blank when plugging the power supply in or when starting it up with the power supply plugged in. When it starts up with the power supply plugged in the initial ACER screen comes on ok but then goes blank. The screen comes on fine without the power supply plugged in.

Recently updated to windows 10, was ok until updated.

Would appreciated any help you may have.

• eswagner
    eswagner Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having the same problem!  I hope someone can help!

• pmdcjo123
    pmdcjo123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi.

Yes still having the same problem although it can be intermittant.

Started OK today with PSU plugged in then later screen went blank. Unplugged PSU and screen came back on.

Sometimes the it is OK sometimes it isn't.

I am deffinately using the original PSU. I have tried another and the same thing happens.

Strange and annoying.