Aspire all in one AZ1620-UR31P - BIOS issue on linux install

Philpcl
Philpcl Member Posts: 3 New User

Someone is having issues with a linux install onto an Aspire Z1620

Linux installed (twice), machine will not boot, bios is weird to people who know about bios issues.

Old machine, weird bios. Unclear if it is EFI or legacy.

Might be wired in secure boot.

Unclear is a bios update would help. Would need a funtional system, probably not live linux system.

Two bios updates prefixed with "linux" for this machine.

Clever people are helping out by "remote control" on another forum. Looking for assistance from someone who is fully familiar with the vagaries of Acer bios issues. I can act as intermidiary to post.

If someone is knowledgeable about Acer bios systems (circa 2011) and would like to help please say so.

I can provide a forum link to the thread. As I do not know this forum I will not post it now.

I have not posted here before so I do not know if this forum is active/useful. "Support" did not work.

Thank you,

Phil

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Refer to---

https://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Oops-Aspire-Z1620-UR31P-BIOS-Upgrade-Windows-10/td-p/433005

As with Win10 installation, you might want to try the bios update BEFORE a linux installation.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Philpcl

Thanks Jack,

The update bios option and recover windows options have been noted.

The clever ones are delving into the EFI bios files to see what the issue is.

I will pass your remark to the person advising on the recovery

(Note an attempted install was done twice)

I am sure the clever ones will sort it out.

PS A topless hangie? I stopped flying at the time when they were being developed (1998).

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>A topless hangie? >>>

Currently one litespeed & 3 older kingposted eurosports used in rotation. 8^) What did you use? 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Philpcl

My last glider was an Avian Java, before that Avian Amour, before that a Magic 4 133 Full race, Hiway Vision 5 (rebuilt from the wreckage of a 4). Flew in the Isle of Man, UK, Ireland, Iceland, Provence Alps, Lanzarote in the winter, Florida aerotowing. Happy memories and too many scars.