Aspire VN7-591G freezing

Options
RuthS
RuthS Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently bought a AN7-591G and it keeps freezing.

All downloads and updates have been completed so I dont think that its because over overload.

It happens with different software running.

I've switched off sleep and hibernate so that those are not causing the freeze.

It can happen when I am typing or not doing anything at all so I dont think that it is a touchpad issue.

Any suggestions ?

Ruth

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Can be a ram or HDD issue.

let's start with ram test:

http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC3222505

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RuthS
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, ran the test and no memory erros detected.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Test the HDD with error scan:

http://www.hdtune.com/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RuthS
    Options

HDD has no errors.

I found a correlation between a couple of programs and my Aspire freezing so I unistalled them (Chrome and external disk manager). This has considerably reduced the freezing problem and I can now go several hours between freezes.

I have also unistalled Macfee to see if that was causing issues, will report back.

Ruth

• RuthS
    Options

3 weeks on my Aspire is still freezing. Somedays it will go a whole day without freezing, others it will freeze several times in an hour :-(

There is an issue with track pad / mouse movements. The Aspire freezes on combined click and move operations. I can either move or click but not both at the same time. So I have to be sure that the pointer has fully stopped before clicking.

Is there a mouse / trackpad update ?

There is also an issue with screensave / sleep functions. Sometimes these work fine, other times they freeze my Apsire.

I have to constantly save my work, becuase when my Apsire freezes I loose all work since the last save.

Great laptop - when it works !!