Aspire V5 - boot menu

Options
rossoneris
rossoneris Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a Aspire V5 - with snid 25100330566. I am simply unable to boot from othe devices. I can see this is a generel issue for this model, and have tried to press F2 at startup - and also all the other Function keys at startup

Than I did read somewhere, that you should turn on and shutdown the pc 3 times and the 4 times then press F2 - but still not working

How can this be so difficult to get working for such a basic thing ? I am unable to enter windows 8, so cannot do anything from inside there

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,695 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I am unable to enter windows 8>>>

Press & hold the power button till the machine shuts off. The press the power button once to turn it back on. How far into the boot sequence does the machine go? Do you get an Acer boot logo screen? Are there any warnings? Does it seems to hang and do nothing? Do you get anything on the screen at all? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rossoneris
    Options

This is a pc where the user does not know the password anymore - but I must be able to boot on a cd/usb to reset the password

• JackE
    Options

OK. When was the last time the user was able to boot into Win8? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rossoneris
    Options

several years ago - but Need to be able to reset the password by booting up on different device

• JackE
    Options

As you probably know, Win8 is a problem unless the seller or user created a hidden recovery partition so as to enable the Alt+F10 boot re-set. On the outside chance this might've been done, try it if you haven't done so already. Make sure you always try it from a cold boot rather than a Win8 fastboot. If the Alt+F10 boot re-set doesn't work, what if anything happens when tapping F8 or F12 when the Acer boot logo appears? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ