Aspire V5-573P-6896 Touchscreen and Mouse Issues

Options
skyhigh
skyhigh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Recently just bought a Aspire V5-573P-6896. I'm having issues with frequent touchscreen clicks happening on its own. Really annoying cuz it clicks out of what im doing, clicks links, opens programs, etc. One time it erratically was cicking and had to restart.

Also, I wanted to see if my USB Mouse was causing the problem and I unplugged it and my mousepad no longer works. Restarted and still doesnt work. 

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Try a touchscreen calibration.

Go to Control Panel, click Tablet PC Settings.

Under Tablet PC Settings, click Setup and here you will tap the screen twice to identify it as the touchscreen.

Next click Calibrate and follow the onscreen instructions.

Press and hold the FN key and then press the F7 key to enable touchpad (make sure the USB mouse is unplugged)

• skyhigh
    skyhigh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It just happened again after i did what u said. It went crazy with the clicking. Had trouble even restarting. Is there just a way to disable my touchscreen?

EDIT: I noticed twice now, when it happened is when i went AFK and came back

• jcraig0628
    jcraig0628 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  I'm having the same problem with my Aspire R7 and I haven't found any answers yet.