Aspire V5-571P-6472 problem with windows 8 to 8.1 update.

Options
Hytekrednek
Hytekrednek Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello all new to the community.  My friend asked me to work on his aspire v5-571p laptop.  He had previously disabled the touch screen as one of his relatives broke it.  He was using the computer fine but when it updated from windows 8 to 8.1 it enabled the touch screen again and when trying to load the computer afterwards the problems started.  it now will not let me access the bios and when it does leave the acer splash screen it now says "no operating system found". Any help would be great.  If you have any specific questions for me don't be afraid to ask.

James

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Is the hard drive detected in the BIOS?

To check this, follow the below steps:

Restart the laptop and keep tapping the F2 key to enter into the BIOS.

Select the "Information".

If the hard drive is detected, you will see HDD followed by it's name and serial number.

if not, it will show as HDD: None.

So, try a BIOS reset: to do that,

Press the F9 key and then select "Yes" to save the configuration.

Then press the F10 key and select "Yes" to save the changes in BIOS.

Check for the issue.
  • Hytekrednek
    Options

As I stated in my post I cannot access the bios. My splash screen appears and when it does disappear it will beep twice and then say no operating system detected.  I have no way of accessing the bios at this time. I have also tried to insert a bootable CD/DVD into the laptop and while the drive spins up it still goes to the no operating system found message.

James

• Hytekrednek
    Options

Just wanted to say that there appears to be two posts of the same from me.  I still have not been able to get the computer to do anything except show the Acer splash screen and then say that no operating system found.

James

• Hytekrednek
    Options

Just as an update I still have not been able to access any sort of menu or bios on my clients computer.  It still just shows the splash screen for a time of 2 to 30 minutes before going straight to an error message of no operating system.  My client was trying to update to Win8.1 when all of this happened.  He said that it froze on him during the install.  Know I can't even get a bootable disk or usb drive to work.  Again, any help would be much appriciated.