Aspire V3-572G

Meso_P
Meso_P Member Posts: 16 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

I just purchased this laptop and would like to add memory and change the HD from a 5400 to a 7200 but cannot find a service manual nor any info about this laptop. It appears that you have to remvoe the entire top of the laptop to get to the inside compoments, but then the RAM isn't even visible.

Is it impossible to change the hard drive and RAM? The datasheet said the max RAM that can be used is 16GB and this laptop has 8GB.

20140724_092046_1.jpg

Answers

• Meso_P

Nevermind. Figured it out.

• Meso_P

Is it possible to purchase an internal DVD Rom drive for it?

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

If this device has a place for it, than yes. There are models with build in drive.

• Meso_P

Thanks! I didn't know there were models with the optical drive and don't remember seeing them. How would I find out the part number for a DVD drive through Acer?

• mage182
    mage182 Member Posts: 4 New User

How did you remove the top plate of the laptop? I'm trying to swap an SSD into mine. Videos for older models show the keyboard being removed so that screws can be accessed underneath, but the newever model has the keyboard built into the top. I removed all the screws from the bottom but don't want to start prying at the sides if there is something else that needs to be done first.

Model: V3-572G-7609 

• Meso_P

I just removed the screws from the back and then carefully lifted the top up and when I saw there were 3 ribbons to be removed, I removed them and then was able to lift the top off completely

• mage182

Did the top panel offer a lot of resistance? I've been prying at mine for 2 days with some plastic pry tools but I don't want to break anything so I'm afraid to exhert a lot of force. I checked to make sure all visible screws were removed from the bottom.

• Meso_P

Yes, a LOT.  I ended up prying it a bit up with my fingernail at first but it didn't make much difference. What helped was using a guitar pick/cell phone case opener and ran it all around the top and it opened quite easily at that point. 

Are you sure that all of the screws on the bottom have been removed?

• Meso_P

Once you have it opened a little, just put stick something flat at the opening and run it all along the top. It was very resistant at first and I was hesitant but then it got easier and no damage was done. 

• mage182

I'll check one more time to make sure. I have some guitar picks so I'll try using those in addition to the pry tools when I get home. Thanks.

• Meso_P

You probably won't need the pry tools. The pick should suffice. Let me know how it works out for you.

• mage182

I was able to get it apart with two picks. Thanks for the help. The ribbon cables are annoying. Are all laptops designed like this now? Not being able to upgrade easily will make me think twice about buying Acer next time.

• Meso_P

Glad it worked out. The hassle of having to open the entire laptop to upgrade the RAM and hard drive were one of the reasons I returned the laptop. I'm not sure if all manufacturers are going in this direction but the Asus I purchased afterward had limited access to the RAM. Only 1 stick was visible --not sure where the other was hidden but I wasn't about to take go exploring for it. I wouldn't be surprised if laptops will continue to be made so that it's difficult to upgrade parts. 

• discostu
    discostu Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everybody,

so you returned your laptop back to the shop? Did they get it back without problems even if it has been opened?

I'm probably going to update my laptop drive and RAM and I wonder if this is going to void my warranty.

Are there any warranty seals inside the laptop?

Thank you for your help!

• Meso_P

I returned it to Newegg where I purchased it from and there were no issues. You should be able to upgrade the hard drive and RAM without voiding the warranty -- like I did. I don't remember seeing any warranty seals inside.

• Meso_P

The other Acer I purchased last June -- V3-571G -- was easy to open and upgrade the RAM and hard drive. Maybe most manufacturers are making it difficult to upgrade to minimize warranty claims.

• discostu
    discostu Member Posts: 2 New User

I had no particular problems in replacing my disk thank to your tips.

Thank you very much for your help!

Upgrading DRAM will probably be harder but I'm not going to do it so soon.

Now I see that the keyboard is a little bit bowed in the middle-left (on top of the cpu/gpu area).

Since i opened it just a few hours after I got it I can't say if it was already like this before opening.

Did you noticed it on your laptop? Maybe your new 571g is made the same way?

Thank you again!!

• Meso_P

I don't remember having an issue with the keyboard although I still think the build quality wasn't the best. If you're still within the return period, you could return it -- especially now that you've opened it without issue.

• NexusRoy
    NexusRoy Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm trying to figure our how to open this laptop. Do I have to remove the keyboard case or the full top case? The keyboard case seems to be glued, and the full top case offers a lot of resistance and I'm afraid I'm doing a lot of strenght and might have broken something.

Of course I've already removed all the visible screws.

• Meso_P

I don't have this laptop anymore but if the suggestions on the 1st page didn't help, perhaps someone else who's since opened it will chime in.