Aspire V3-572G Synaptics Driver Windows 8.1

Options
tom118
tom118 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi, I'm own an Aspire V3-572G-77S8 with windows 8.1 running on it.

I have installed all of the drivers from the acer support web. Everything is working great but the touchpad. It seems impossible to install correctly any driver wether Synaptics or Elantech. When I install it (synaptics driver version 18.1.2.1). verything seems to be fine, but the mouse doesn't use the new driver, it's like I haven't installed anything and it uses the generic one by windows. I've tried disbling the sign driver feature on windows8.1, and forcing to use the synaptics driver on the device manager but when I do that the pointer dissappears, and the mouse doesn't work propperly. Also I've downloaded previous version of the drivers from acer and the generic from the synaptics driver. Nothing works.

Please, what can I do? I'd love to have the drivers workig to set up my mouse preferences and enabling the 3 and 4 fingers gestures (on windows 7 in this computer worked great!)

Greetings from Spain

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

tom118,

It sounds like this system shipped with Windows 8.1. A lot of our newer systems come with the Microsoft Precision touchpad.

• tom118
    tom118 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

That's a shame, on Windows 7 with the proper drivers this touchpad works like a charm...