Aspire V-5 Help! I'm stuck on driver installation after factory reset

Options
Broken-Sky
Broken-Sky Member Posts: 5 New User

My Acer Aspire V-5 laptop with Windows 7 has been having some driver installation pop up on the desktop screen for the past two days and won't finish installing. It's stuck on a certain program for the bluetooth driver or something. All of this happened after I went into System Restore and did a factory reset to get a fresh start again. No matter how many times I shut down and restart the laptop, the installation pop up is there and no progress has been made. I can't access the start menu or task bar or anything since the installation pop up is blocking everything from working. I don't know what to do.

Can someone please help me? I'm getting pretty desperate. Here's a picture of it. Sorry if it's not positioned upward. Can't figure out how to rotate pics on here!

20150426_203046.jpg

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Power OFF the computer by pressing the power button for 4 to 5 seconds.

Power ON the computer and then keep tapping the F8 key to enter Safe mode.

From a run box type 'msconfig' and select the Startup Tab. You can uncheck the applications you wish to stop from loading with windows.

Then restart your computer in normal mode.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Broken-Sky
    Options
    I tried getting onto Safe Mode but on startup it says: "Windows can not complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing Windows, reset the computer." Won't let me.
  • Broken-Sky
    Options
    Okay I can get onto Safe Mode now and once I got into the system configuration, I can't figure out what program I need to disable.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Broken-sky,

when stuck on that screen, try to press the following keys:

Left Ctrl+Shift + Esc

or

Ctrl + Alt+ Del

or

Alt + Tab

this to bypass that popup and check if any process in background have a prompt to confirm or any error.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Broken-Sky
    Options
    Okay, I'm able to get on IronFly! So thanks for that. But every time I get on, the pop up appears and I would need to disable that pop up through that method you told me to try out. Is there a way to get rid of the pop up permanently?

I also can't connect to the internet at all
  • IronFly
    Options

nope, until the installation process ends.

about internet....has the system ended the installation process?

• Broken-Sky
    Options
    IronFly, nope... It's been at the same progress of installation for two days now. I don't think that it will finish installing on its own. I don't know what's causing it to do that. Do you know?
  • IronFly
    Options

if you are able to open the task manager:

Ctrl+Alt+Del

or

Ctrl+Shift+Esc

check if any application process is stuck, or check in the task bar if any programm is running apart the Acer driver installation, click on it and check if it needs a prompt confirmation.

You can also try, on task manager, to kill the Acer driver process and check if you are able to end the installation; i suspect it will start again on next boot but it's worth a try. (you can disable it, but first you need to check if windows is running without errors)