Aspire S7-392 IRST error

Acesurya
Acesurya Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hello, a newbie here.

Purchased a Aspire S7-392.   Upgraded to Windows 8.1.   Partitioned the SSD to 2 drives.   The Intel RST shows error that the SDD0 may have some errors that could cause data issues.

I chatted with one of the acer support reps.  He advised me to reinstall Windows 8, restore it to factory default.  Did the entire process to get back to 8.1.  THe IRST error persists.  Talked again with another rep from ACER who told me to just ignore it!! and that I was not expecting.  Now I am not sure what kind of problem I could end up with .

Let me know of any recommendation.

Thanks

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

ok

can you please tell the notebook model.

i don't know if this is a hardware or software RAID0 but if a RAID0 fails you can't even boot to your OS, since the data is splitted between the 2 "array disks" and loosing 1 disk means that you lost 50% of your data. (very basic explanation)

so i think it's a false error but if your system has an hardware RAID, you can check the status before system boot.

EDIT: give it a reboot and check if error reappears.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Acesurya,

If you are getting some information that would indicate that the drive may have some bad sectors, then I would recommend contacting our technical support team again and advise them that you are getting reports of bad sectors and would like them to test the drive and see if they will replace it. That is the point of having a hardware warranty so that you are protected against any defective parts.

Another suggestion, I would recommend using the system and see how it performs. If you see data issues or performance drops, then contact technical support in your region again as they are suppose to log all contacts with the customer. This will help to track any and all problems you are having with the product and give cause for repair.

• RichieR
    RichieR Member Posts: 7 New User

I now also get a similar error...I woke this morning, entered my password, it just sat there spining on the "Welcome"screen and said "Locked" below my email address.

Did CTRL-ALT-DEL, nothing. Unplugged, kept spinning on "Wecome".

Pressed Power button, Acer shut down. Plugged back in and now I get this IRST error with every startup:

IRST..JPG

Any ideas? FYI, I'm not that tech savvy like most of you.

Thanks!

Rich

• IronFly

can you click on the yellow exclamation mark on the right side?

and take a screen shot if any error warning appear?

• RichieR

Sure...Thanks!IRST2.JPG

• RichieR

OK...So after I took the pic, I clicked the Status:Failed...I clicked the "Mark as Normal" and now the error is gone...I embarrassed if that was that easy! SMH!

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

ok

can you please tell the notebook model.

i don't know if this is a hardware or software RAID0 but if a RAID0 fails you can't even boot to your OS, since the data is splitted between the 2 "array disks" and loosing 1 disk means that you lost 50% of your data. (very basic explanation)

so i think it's a false error but if your system has an hardware RAID, you can check the status before system boot.

EDIT: give it a reboot and check if error reappears.

• RichieR

Sure can...I have an Aspire S7-392-9890.

I did the reboot and no error appeared from IRST. Opened it up and here's what it looks like now. And thank you for your help!

IRST3.JPG

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy