Aspire P3-171 / W8.1 / HD4000 error code 43

gibehem
gibehem Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

After upgrading WIN8 to 8.1, i've installed intel drivers v10.18.10.3304 found in Acer download drivers page, and the HD4000 is in code 43 >> no brightness support, slide show for video playing ... Etc ...

So, I reinstall post version rivers (9.17.10.2932 - for Win 8), brighness work, but wmp crash, dxdiag too ... 

Have you solution ??

Thank you.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Upgrading your P3-171 to Windows 8.1 can cause the symptoms you described. This can be resolved by updating your BIOS to the latest version. Please view our article Aspire P3-131 and P3-171 update to Windows 8.1. After you update the BIOS update to the latest Windows 8.1 drivers for your system.

• Sergey
    Sergey Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the lastest BIOS installed, but HD 4000 still doesn't work and i have the same problems. What should i do ?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

uninstall the VGA drivers and install this from Intel (select the correct OS) :

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3712

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sergey

The driver from Intel site doesn't work too Smiley Sad

Only driver for Windows 8.0 from Acer site works in Windows 8.1. But in this case Windows Media Player, VLC and others  players don't work.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you already updated to the latest BIOS 2.07, i would try to boot to BIOS pressing F2 at boot and have a load default settings.

then i will reboot to Windows and check in device manager if the error code is still present, right click on the HD4000 and select uninstall, reboot and let windows reload drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mobiusnz
    mobiusnz Member Posts: 2 New User

Anyone had any joy with this - I have a clients P3-171 that no matter what driver I threw at it would give the ERROR 43

I've tried rolling it back to factory windows 8, uninstalling the old supplied video drivers and installing the standard Windows Update ones (Which surely would be 8.1 compatible) and then installing the 8.1 update but still get the code 43 no matter what driver I try.

I've installed the latest bios but its made no difference at all - In the mean time I've left it with windows 8 so she can play videos smoothly but you lose a lot of the nice additionals to Windows 8 without the 8.1 update Smiley Sad

It appears this problem doesn't just affect Acer as I've seen talk of other tablets with the same chipset having the same issue.

Common Acer - Give us a bit more info!

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try that with the latest driver from the Intel download site: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm

• Sergey

The driver from Intel site doesn't work.

• mobiusnz
    mobiusnz Member Posts: 2 New User

Can I just add to this thread - I had a clients P3-171 that had the problem after an 8.1 update - I tried EVERY driver I could find either through normal install, windows update - Forced manual installs and none of them worked.

I then factory reset it to 8 - Updated the driver to the Windows update driver and THEN did the 8.1 update - Same problem, again tried lots once in 8.1 and no go.

I have updated to the latest BIOS already.

Keen to hear if anyone has ACTUALLY had one of these working properly with 8.1 or if its just people posturing normal driver fix suggestions. I did at one point roll back to the older Intel driver and have it running without the error 43 but it still performed as poorly as if it was running with a generic driver - ie it obviously wasn't running with full directdraw etc support.

• Sergey

Ok, i found the solution for my Acer P3-171.

I uninstalled Аcer cradle driver (by starting the intaller downloaded from official site). Then i installed video driver for Windows 8.1 and everything now works fine.

Sergey.

• the7ackal
    the7ackal Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks sir, have the problem around too for couple of months ...

Finally my Aspire P3-171 working great now ... 

• gorgoguf
    gorgoguf Member Posts: 3 New User

I too am having these same issues on my Acer P3-171 since I upgraded to Windows 8.1.
    The only way I could get HD4000 working with no error code is re-installing the old 8.0 driver, but then most video programs like VLC, Movie Editor and Media Player are not working.

I update Bios and I tried all drivers, including the latest originals from Microsoft.

I also tried solutions like uninstalling the Cradle driver but with no success.

I think it is a shame that, after more than one year from this PC/tablet release, Acer is not able to issue a viable driver for  Aspire P3-171 / W8.1 / HD4000.

I thank in advance anyone who resolved this issue and could post a detailed description on how he did it.

• the7ackal
    the7ackal Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi sir,

Have you install 

OthersAcerCradle Driver13.20.1028.409521.6 MB2013/11/27Download

prior installing Intel VGA Driver 8.1 ? 

• gorgoguf
    gorgoguf Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, thank you for your prompt answer.

Yes the Cradle driver was installed and I got the subject error.

Then I disinstalled it, I replaced the old HD4000 driver with the new one (VGA_Intel_10.18.10.3304_Win8.1x64)and the error disappairs but video performance (with VLC, Video Players or Movie editors) are much worse than those with the old (VGA_Intel_9.17.10.2932_W8x64_A) driver under Windows 8.0.

Should we hope that with the coming Windows 10 Acer will eventually release a performant HD4000 driver.

Regards

• hb15vb
    hb15vb Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi

intel HD 4000 error code 43 with windows 10 on Aspire P3-171

i have solved the probleme

please install this driver

Device Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Driver Date 2012-09-26 File Size: 68.72M
    Driver Version: 9.17.10.2867 Vendor: Intel
    Supported OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64bit, Windows 7 64bit, Windows Vista 64bit, Windows XP 64bit

it is recommended to remove all previous version of intel HD 4000 driver

you can use this utility : Display Driver Uninstaller

or

all my best regards
  • Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.

Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Thanks!