Aspire One D255E Atom N455 memory upgrade

Options
Mace
Mace Member Posts: 1 New User

I am trying to upgrade my Aspire One from 1GB to 2 GB.

The installed memory is GDDR3-1333 1GB 1.5v

Crucial.Com recommended GDDR3-1600 2GB 1.35v

I ordered and installed the memory from Crucial.

Unfortunately the system will not boot.  I get only a blank screen, the power light comes on, and no light for the Hard Drive.

I have tried disconnecting power, removing the battery, and holding the power button for over 30 seconds, but this has changed nothing.

I suspected the different speed or voltage of the memory to be a problem, but there are no BIOS settings for memory.

I have not found a manufacturer with GDDR3-1333 2GB 1.5v memory.

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

THe Acer Aspire One D255E was made with extra parts due the to fact the DDR2 parts ran out. If there is issues with the system techs are told to check Ram...If DDR3 replace with DDR2...

So sadly even though they were running with DDR3 1Gb Ram. It needs to be updated to 2Gb DDR2 Ram as well... Also needs to be the Right Voltage...

So when you buy your new ram just make sure it is DDR2 and same voltage that your normal ram is and it should work without issue...

James

I have one 255E and a 255... Both look the same with almost same specs Just one was made shortly asfter the other. and Both upgraded to 2 gb ram DDR2 and work Perfectly

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Mace,

Here is an original memory module of 2Gb - DDR3 - 1333MHz for your netbook (100% compatible).

Your laptop supports up to 1Gb under Windows 7 Starter and 2Gb under other OS.

France