Aspire One D225e lost wifi connection, can't get back on.

Options
CatLady1
CatLady1 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I've been using my netbook at my local library for 3 years. Acouple weeks ago, all of a sudden it lost contact with the library's wifi connection. The librarian tried everything he knew, no results. I later borrowed a laptop from the library, looked up fixes, tried them, but they didn't work.

Here's what happened: Got a padlock with a window saying failed to connect to a Windows service. The dependency service/group failed to start. A troubleshoot resulted in a yellow triange with an exclamation point in it, saying network proxy settings can't be detected, though it also says detected.

Trying the fix on Acer support--checking to see if TCP/IP is working right--resulted in an error message, TCP/IP improperly installed.

Trying rewriting the registry keys didn't work.

Ditto the remove/reinstall network driver adapter.

Finally it said if this doesn't work, there's likely a hardware problem, ergo contact Acer. So here I am.

I'm hoping I can get my netbook fixed for free, because I don't have the money to pay someone to fix it, or replace my netbook. Please help!

BTW, the library insists there's nothing wrong with their wifi, and since none of the other patrons using notebooks/laptops are having a problem, it's not them.

Answers