Aspire One 752 BIOS Recovery

Options
davi07
davi07 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I have a black screen in my laptop. I can't see the booting process, nothing about the BIOS either.

I have changed RAM and Disk but this is not the issue, so I think I need to make a BIOS Recovery.

I have downloaded BIOS from the website and I have decompressed it to get the ZH7_3314.fd file. I have also renamed the ZH7_3314.fd to ZH7X64.fd and I have formated an USB key in FAT16 where I have moved in the ZH7X64.fd, only this file. Do I need to copy something else?

Because I plug the USB storage into a USB port, press Fn + ESC button then plug in AC and press Power button to initiate system CRISIS mode. However, the laptop is blinking but nothing happens.

What's wrong?

Thanks, best regards.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Before you mess any more with trying to flash and possibly disable the BIOS, I suggest you first try to HDMI out to an external TV. You may have to turn the TV display on with the Fn+F5 toggle key combo. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• davi07
    Options

Hi JackE,

I did it too. As a result, I got the same issue, black screen.

Thanks, best regards.

• JackE
    Options

This likely means that the integrated graphics card on the mainboard has failed. You can try the Fn+Esc flash recovery again but it is unlikely to resolve the problem. First you need to make the FAT-formatted USB drive bootable with a downloadable windows crisis executable, WinCris.exe.  Google "Phoenix Bios Recovery" and follow the directions for doing so. You may have to google and download the WinCris.exe executable from an alternate site. Please understand that this Fn+Esc USB boot flashing process is an unreliable last resort method. Good luck and let us know how you make out. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• davi07
    Options

Hi JackE,

Thanks for your reply. I think the BIOS manufacturer is Insyde, but I'm not sure.

I have made 5 USB keys, but it seems none of them work. LEDs laptop are blinking after press FN+ESC, and it seems the laptop doesn't read the USB. I have connected the USB key to others USB ports as well, but the result is the same, nothing happens.

I don't know what to do!

Thanks, best regards.

• JackE
    Options

Phoenix uses WPH or ROM files. Insyde FD, ROM or BIN. Might try renaming with all of them to see what happens. You have nothing to lose at this point. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vovochka
    vovochka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi
    sorry for my english
    help me please
    my 752 work on hdmi from Acer screen but on his oun screen
    only from win7 table.
    do you know what to do?
    thank you.

• JackE
    Options

vovochka>>>my 752 work on hdmi from Acer screen but [not] on his oun screen>>>

Either the ribbon cable connectors between the screen & mainboard need to be re-seated a few times to clean their contacts --- or the ribbon cable itself needs to be replaced due hinge-area damage from opening/closing the lid too much. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• vovochka
    vovochka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

re-seated many times both sides. no result

• JackE
    Options

Then, if you can still HDMI out to a TV, you should replace the cable like I did with my Aspire One 722 having the exact same symptoms as yours. Do NOT try to mess with the BIOS because your graphics adapter seems to be running OK.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ