Aspire ONE D255E Not restarting

Options
WAinui
WAinui Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I have a problem with my Netbook.

I am running Windows 7 Starter edition and I have just upgraded the Memory from 1 GB to 2 GB. Everything seems to be working fine and it runs a lot faster.

The problem is that the computer does not restart, the fan runs and power light is ON but there is not activity from the HDD. I have to shut it down and then restart manually.

I have tried removing the battery and pressing the Power button for 30 seconds as suggested elsewhere but this does not fix my problem.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

AOD255E supports up to 1Gb of memory under Windows 7 starter. Your issue come from the memory upgrade.

Reinstall the old memory module.

France
  • WAinui
    Options

Hi Laurent_14,

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that would be the problem. Cat Sad  but the it is running so well with the memory upgrade I feel reluctant to downgrade. Man Sad

Thanks again for your help.

• WAinui
    Options

Laurent_14,

Just as a matter of interest, I have been invited to Upgrade the O/S system to Wiondows 10 for free. Would upgrading to Windows 10 remove the "Restarting problem"

Cheers.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Your netbook would support up to 2Gb of memory under Windows 10. Unfortunately the drivers are not available on the Acer support website. Certain brand drivers are very diffcult to find like touch pad (oem driver).

France
  • WAinui
    Options

Thanks Laurent_14, I appreciate your advice.

Cheers.