Aspire E5-771G-50HX

Ky3MaHa
Ky3MaHa Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello Acer Community,I made an update of my bios downloaded from official Acer web site, after the reboot nothing black screen the CD works, the fan starts but that is it. I need help.

Answers

• Ky3MaHa

Okey I downloaded BIOS_1.09 from official Acer web site rename the .exe file to ZYW.fd file copied the file to USB Stick formated under FAT32. FN + Esc and power on after 30 seconds the laptop shuts down himself and when I start him I see only Acer logo on the screen no access to BIOS setup or something else.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I don't think it works that way. You have to extract the initial exe file and find the .FD bios file and rename it.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3288/~/how-do-i-update-the-bios-on-my-acer-aspire-one-aoa110-or-aoa150-netbook%3F

I tried it yesterday. I downloaded the 1.09 and extracted everything in the exe that could be extracted and never found a .FD file.

I believe the ZYW_107.exe is the bios file for bios v 1.07

• Ky3MaHa

I extracted all available versions there is no ZYW.fd file inside them. The size of BIOS .exe files is around 8MB when I extract them the size of the files in the folder is around 4MB. I have an extracted image from exacly the same model in .rom extension but it not work with fn + esc combination even if I rename the file to ZYW.fd. I bought the Notebook with upgrades 120GB SSD and 16GB of RAM.

• philetus

If you haven't got it yet, When you download the Acer 1.07 bios and extract it you will find ZYW_107.exe.That is the bios file.

The recovery filename is ZYW.FD. Rename ZYW_107.exe to ZYW.FD.

When it's done, if it says no boot device, you need to go into Bios and you'll probably find a couple settings changed. Change them back and save and exit.

• Ky3MaHa

I tried with all versions, the result for version 1.07 and 1.11 is black screen, only with version 1.09 I can see the start screen with Acer logo and when I look the extracted folders only 1.09 is Windows + DOS version of the BIOS the other two are only Windows versions may be this is the reason for the black screen which I receive.

• Ky3MaHa

Any fresh ideas?

• philetus

Did you find the ZYW_107.exe in 1.07? Did you rename it ZYW.FD and copy it to a flash drive. Remove the power cord and battery from the laptop. Put in the flash drive, hold FN and ESC down, While holding them plug in the power cord andturn on laptop, continue holding them until you hear the fan start and let go.It may take 5 min or 15 min but let it alone until it stops doing anything. I waited until there was no more activity from the USB. It may reboot by itself or you may have to do it.

Then check your bios settings. Acouple might have changed.

• Ky3MaHa

All the steps are successful with every version of the BIOS files it doesn`t matter if it is 1.07, 1.09 or 1.11. I removed the power cord I cannot remove the battery, but I did a reset with the pin on the down side of the notebook. i made all steps successful, the flash drive light was on the notebook turns himself after a few minutes and only in version 1.09 after start him normally I can see Acer logo on the screen in the other versions I recieve a black screen and nothing happend.

• philetus

I thought it was because of the battery, but I just got a reply from a Bios forum and was told the emergency flash will still work with a battery plugged in. Have you tried just booting from a install disk?

• Ky3MaHa

No I`m not tried this yet. I tried from bootable flash drive without success, I have extracted BIOS file from another notebook which is exacly the same as mine also I saw there is a 3 partitions on the hard drive which I deleted on mine. Recovery partition, EFI Firmware and GPT are the names of the partitions. I don`t know is this related to the problem.

• philetus

Did you succeed yet? Are you able to access the bios and see if the Bios flash was successful?

• Ky3MaHa

This is the general problem. I`m not able to access to the bios also I have not access to the boot menu with F12 key. When I start the notebook the CD blink if there is a flash drive inserted it also works but nothing happend.