Aspire E5-571G No SATA AHCI drivers?

Options
SinestroV3
SinestroV3 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

So a few days back I bought an Aspire E5-571G laptop and I love it, but there is a one problem, I can't seem to find sata ahci drivers on the acer website. Device manager shows that the driver is provided by microsoft and I think that it shouldn't be like that, because the pc feels really slugish. My os is Win 8.1 64bit.

sata.jpg

If anyone knows where I could download the ahci driver I would be really grateful! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• Forever
    Forever Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think I have an solution for you. You need to install Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

I uploaded it on my Google Drive.

Version: 13.6.0.1002 (Latest)

Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit): Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012

Release date: 10 December 2014

Download Link:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter
    Options

that is the default driver installed by windows, if you want you can go to intels web page, in the download center you can download the latest "chipset inf" file, install that and then reboot the computer, go back to view your device manager and it should have changed to the intel driver.

• SinestroV3
    Options

Thanks for your reply, but it didn't change. I downloaded the latest (2015/03/13) intel chipset installation utility, installed it, but in the device manager it is still the same.

same.jpg

Any thoughts? Thanks Smiley Happy

• Forever
    Forever Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think I have an solution for you. You need to install Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

I uploaded it on my Google Drive.

Version: 13.6.0.1002 (Latest)

Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit): Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012

Release date: 10 December 2014

Download Link:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

• SinestroV3
    Options

It worked! Thank you very much!