Aspire E5-571 Vt-x support?

Options
pgarret
pgarret Member Posts: 2 New User

has anyone able to mod the bios to enable vt-x?

why acer disabling such important feature Smiley Mad

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Some computers support virtualization that allows you to run more than one operating system on your computer. If your computer meets the hardware requirements below, you can configure Hyper-V to utilize software virtualization.

Requirements:
    Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional or Enterprise only
    4 GB of RAM
    A 64-bit processor that can support Second Level Address Translation (SLAT). You can run a utility like Coreinfo to find out if SLAT is supported on your machine.
    If your system meets the above hardware requirements, use the following steps to to install or turn on Hyper-V.

Press and hold Windows  key + W on your keyboard
    Type Features, then select Turn Windows Features on or off from the list of search results.
    Check the box next to Hyper-V, then click OK to enable this feature.
    You should now have a Hyper-V application listed with your Windows Apps

Windows will display an error message if your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements for virtualization.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• pgarret
    pgarret Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

thanks for your help but...

i bought this laptop cuz i know the hardware support vt-x and vt-x has to enable it through bios.

so im really looking for somebody else that has unlocked the bios. im pretty desperate for using vt-x...

or to tell your dev team to relase a unblock bios for all acer customers..i dont understand why they want to take control of this anyway..

• Dix
    Dix Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

I am stuck with the same problem.

Users of E4-571G-70W2 cannot use this laptop for Android development in Android Studio without ADB monitor.

Any solution ?

Thanks.