Aspire E15 Touch E5-571P-59QA touchpad not working on Win8.1, requires restart

Options
niket
niket Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I bought this laptop last week during Boxing Day and rec'd it a few days ago.

I, like many other people posting about similar issues, experience the touchpad being non-responsive after coming out of a hibernation/sleep state. I have to restart the computer each time to get the touchpad functionality back.

Under device manager, the ELAN touch pad doesn't show up when it's not responsive. It's not a fn+f7 issue, the drivers are for some reason not loading after waking up. They're up to date as far I see. 

There's a bunch of other threads out there on this. Is Acer not going to reply to these issues? I'll just have to return the laptop if there's no fix. Anyone else have a solution?

Answers

• okiefurrari
    okiefurrari Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Ditto! I have had this PC for one week and after the last update, the touchpad is not working. This is not a FN+F7 issue. Mine does not correct after rebooting. 

• niket
    niket Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Have you found a solution yet? I can't believe Acer has yet to respond to so many problems and threads about this exact issue.

Never buying Acer again.

• prolight
    prolight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Yes i am also having this problem. A quick search on google reveals that is a flaw with this model. Can Acer tell me when they will release new drivers for the touchpad. It is very annoying having to disable and reenable the I2C HID driver everytime the computer wakes up.