Aspire E1-572 takes ~1 hour for boot screen to appear

Options
fitmic
fitmic Member Posts: 11 New User

Dear members,

my Aspire E1-572 suffers somewhat of the dreaded black screen of death.

The computer needs about an hour to start, but when windows finally is loaded, it works like a charm.

The "F2 for bios screen" takes about an hour to load.

I have done a Acer factory reset.
Tested the WD-hard disk - No faults
I've run memtest86 - No errors

I've tried to update the bios from Acer's download section, but all I get is error.

Like I said, the computer works like a charm, only it takes about an hour for start up.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi guys,

Definitely strange, I think that the fact that the system is taking an hour to boot to BIOS or Windows means there is something wrong with the mainboard. With the limited information I have, I would suspect that the ROM chip used to store the UEFI/BIOS is (going) bad. Once you've loaded everything up, it isn't needed which would explain why Windows seems to work ok once you get into the OS.

I did check, 2.17 has been available for nearly 5 months with 10s of thousand of downloads. If there was an issue with the BIOS, we'd have heard about it by now. Also, nothing in our contact centers suggest an abnormal failure due to this BIOS.

My suggestion is to get in touch with your service team and let us get that resolved for you.

Thanks,
    Cory

Answers