Aspire 8951G Bios update gone bad. Looking for file ZRH.fd...Con anyone help?

Options
mvesely
mvesely Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the Aspire 8951G.  This morning a bios update from ACER went bad and I cannot boot.  Looking to do a Bios recovery and cannot find the file ZRH.fd.  It is supposed to be on the Acer website under Bios update and all of the updates that are available seem to be executable files that do not give me that file.  It is a ROM file and I do not know how or where to find it.  The Aspire laptop will not boot to the point of letting me do anything.  Any help?

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

I'm not familiar with a file name ZRH.fd, and have never seen Acer post these types of files with their BIOS files. If you did a BIOS update and can't boot now, you will probably have to send it to Acer for repair. It is going to be difficult to try to reflash the BIOS with the system not working.

• mvesely
    Options

I actually followed a procedure in the manual (found online) and was able to recover the bios or actually reflash the bios and it is working fine right now...Thanks

• edgaringl
    edgaringl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a similar problem. Updated BIOS failure and now don't boot anymore just show a black screen and nothing more. Could you provide me some help. What procedure did you follow for bringing back the BIOS?

• mvesely
    Options

I will try and figure out what I did to fix this problem...I can't remember the procedure but I will look.  I think start in the manual for the laptop, and look for anything bios related in the table of contents...

• edgaringl
    edgaringl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks I will try that method and post results later.