Aspire 7750G driver has technical issues, when replaced with other driver, graphic card doesnt work.

KarelVlasak
KarelVlasak Member Posts: 11 New User

Okay, so my driver for Acer Aspire 7750G stopped working cause of the technical issues, so my friend replaced it with other driver, but now my graphic card isnt working as it was before, and some programs cannot run, it says it stopped working, so i can end the program or search for solve online and end the program. In more info about the error, name of it is APPCRASH, name of error module is StackHash_95bb and code of error is c0000374. Any ideas how to fix it or do i have to get a new laptop/PC?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>> my driver for Acer Aspire 7750G stopped working cause of the technical issues>>>

What were the technical issues? Do you still have the factory-installed Windows version? What windows version is on the machine now?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

1.I dont exactly know what were the issues, but i was on my laptop, when suddenly, all actions i wanted to do on it, were laggy, couldnt do anything, so i restarted the laptop and when it wanted to start again, a message showed up to me saying: A disk read error occurred, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart, when i did that, the same message showed up again, so i got told to replace it with another disk.

The machine's factory-installed Windows version was Windows 7, and i do still run this machine on Windows 7

• JackE

OK, Karel. It does seem to have a hard disk issue.

First try this. Press & hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 button to enter the BIOS menu. On the screen that first appears, do you see that the hard or fixed disk (HDD0) is properly identified by model and serial number? If OK, press F9 to default setup. Then press F10 to save and exit. Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

Thanks for responding, so i went into the settings and saw the picture below, set it to default and saved, but the apps dont quite still work. Could it possibly be some kind of error between the new "basic" driver and graphic card? Karel
    15233707_1610651489241024_777358997_o.jpg

• JackE

>>>Could it possibly be some kind of error between the new "basic" driver and graphic card?>>>

What do you mean by new basic driver? Why did you say "new" Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

Well my friend replaced the problematic one with new driver and after the replacement, the graphic card stopped working as it should. Karel

• JackE

OK, Karel, just got your PM. Will get back to you in a few minutes. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

OK Karel. First, before doing anything else, please review this video on how to restore your machine. You will have a choice of restoring it to a factory-fresh state or restoring it while saving your data. In either case, you may lose some programs or applications that you previously installed yourself but all your input data can be saved with the 2nd choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Once you're ready to proceed after watching the video, please press & hold the power button again till the machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the Alt key while tapping the F10 key as show in the video. Good luck!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

OK Karel, let's try the Alt+F10 recovery like this. Shut machine down again. Before turning it back on, press & hold the Alt and F10 keys. Then while holding Alt+F10 keys, turn the machine back on again but don't let go of the keys till you either get into the recovery mode or something else happens. Report back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

Ok, so i did what you told me to do and the result was that it started beeping very loudly, but nothing else happened. It just showed me the Acer sign, then on the upper left corner an underscore showed up for a second, then it turned darker and smaller and finally disappeared and a password screen showed up  (by the way that is a normal start of my machine). Karel

• JackE

OK, let's try this next. Turn the machine off again. Turn it back on. At Acer logo screen, immediately start tapping the F8 key.  Does a screen come up offering you about a half-dozen booting choices? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

Ok, so it showed me the booting choices eg. Repair this computer, Run with low resolution and others..

• JackE

Sounds to me like at least 2 pretty good choices you have there Karel. Which one sounds best to you? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

I would go with the "Repair this computer" option, just because  i have larger problem with runnng the apps (+if i wanted to run a game, lot of graphic aspects werent working in it eg. there were lots of additional pixels to some logos, some icons were missing, in some moments the game graphics were glitching out,..) and i want to keep some programes in the machine, i really dont want to lose them. What is your opinion on that?

• JackE

>>>I would go with the "Repair this computer" option>>>

OK Karel. But this and any other of the choices may not resolve the gaming issues particularly those that never worked right to begin with. But your machine may be functional again. So I'd say, give it a go. And keep your fingers crossed. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak

Ok, so i selected the option, the same loading screen as the one on the video showed up and after typing a password, bunch of options showed up. I chose the "Diagnostics of the Windows memory" and even though it said it will give me the results, it gave me nothing. Can i possibly acces the eRecovery mode by any kind of command with the command line? Karel

• JackE

Do you have a blinking cursor on the screen? If yes, are there any characters that come before it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KarelVlasak
    Sorry about that delayed reply, i just wanted to make sure im right and no, my cursor isnt blinking at all. Karel
  • KarelVlasak
    Btw, couldnt the problem be caused by that the driver and graphic card just arent compatible (and the old driver was maybe linked somehow to the graphic card)?
  • JackE

OK. See if you can do a warm re-boot with ctrl-alt-del. If the machine looks like its responding, immediately tap the F2 key to try to re-enter the bios menu. If not, do a cold boot. At the Acer logo screen, press F2 to re-enter the bios menu. Then go to the main section and make sure the F12 boot menu and D2D recovery are enabled. Then press F10 to save and exit. But do not proceed further until getting back to me. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ