Aspire 7750G Bluetooh doesn't start

nerdrage
nerdrage Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I've bought a used aspire 7750G-2638G75Mnkk [edited to comply with guidelines] with a damaged harddisk, so the recovery methot to reinstall Windows would not work.
After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I downloaded and installed all the relevant drivers for my system from here.

- AHCI_INTEL_10.1.2.1004_Win7x64
- Audio_Realtek_Win7_64_VER6017213
- Bluetooth_Atheros_1.0_W7x64_A (6.33.1123.0302_W7x64)
- Bluetooth_QualcommAtheros_Win7_64_VER801318
- CardReader_Realtek_Win7_64_VER62920027040
- Chipset_Intel_9.2.0.1015_W7x64_A
- LAN_Atheros_1.0.0.36_W7x64
- Touchpad_Synaptics_15.1.6.0_W7x64
- Turbo Boost_Intel_2.0.82.0_W7x64
- USB_NEC(3.0)_2.0.26.0_W7x64
- WLAN_Atheros_Win7_64_VER1000285
- LaunchManager_Dritek_5.0.3_W7x64_A
- the VGA driver woudn't install but Windows Driver Update did the job

There are no more unknown or problematic devices in the device manager anymore and my Atheros AR5B97 WiFi adapter has an option for bluetooth in the advanced device settings, which is enabled.
I have manually set the bluetooth support service to automatic and it is running on system start, but there is no blueooth service in the list to be found.

When I install the Bluetooth Suite (either of the two links, or one after the other), I see a link 'Bluetooth Suite' in 'All Programs', which opens just an empty window with the option to add devices. Of which I can't find any, because BT isn't running.

Pressing Fn+F3, like suggested in another thread here, only turns the WiFi on and off, not BT.

Did I forget to install a driver or application? Or is some other required software missing? I have .NET4.5 and MS VC++ 2005 installed.

Or does my model, similar like the one in this arcived thread not have BT capabilities at all? My device settings suggest otherwise, though.

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

That sounds reasonable too as some did and some didn't. You can order Acer erecovery media for nominal cost that is specific to your system that should get all originally installed peripherals up-and-running unless they've somehow been damaged.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

Did you install Win7 from Acer eRecovery media that is specific for your system?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nerdrage
    No, the internal drive was damaged and the computer came without backup discs.

I start to suspect that my hardware doesn't support BT, as Ubuntu didn't see it either.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

That sounds reasonable too as some did and some didn't. You can order Acer erecovery media for nominal cost that is specific to your system that should get all originally installed peripherals up-and-running unless they've somehow been damaged.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• nerdrage
    I didn't really intend to fill up my machine with all the unnecessary bloatware that comes with the factory restore.

Since everything else is working just fine, I would rather spend the money on a bt card (for which the computer still has a slot left), than on ordering the discs. It's probably going to be cheaper to buy the hardware, too.
  • JackE

Agreed. For less than $5 you could also get a bt usb adapter with free shipping. 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nerdrage
    Problem solved:

The WiFi card does not support bluetooth. There are a lot of rewiews out there that claim it had bt, but it dorsn't.

Thanks for your time.
  • JackE

Like some other models, some of these systems might've shipped with slightly different configurations. It's likely that some of the reviewed systems had the capability. Mine also didn't.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ