Aspire 7745g Black screen after recovery

Options
Lakston
Lakston Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone, so, here goes a short version of the last 4 days :

I had installed W10 on my laptop and everything was going fine for 2 months until Friday when the laptop shut off without notice and upon reboot the amd drivers wouldn't work anymore.

After multiple attempts to reinstall them or reinstalling W10 I just decided to give up and revert to my factory settings (W7) by using the acer recovery and be done with it.

First recovery : All when well during the recovery (process goes to 100%) and windows launched, I went through the setup process (name of the computer, wifi password etc), got to the desktop then black screen.I waited a while (about an hour) in case something needed to be installed with the screen off (like a driver) but after an hour I just shut it down and rebooted and after the 'starting windows'  screen I get a black screen. Now I've read about black screen problems but contrary to some of the things I've read I do not have a cursor, just a deep and demoralizing black screen.

Second recovery : I tried the process all over again and now I can't even get to the windows configuration part (name of the computer etc), at 100% of the recovery when it launches windows, black screen.

Third Recovery : windows gets installed, text on screen saying (I'm translating to english what I read so apologies if it's not the exact translation) "applying setting" -> "install will resume after reboot" -> reboot -> Launching windows -> black screen. I can boot a bit further if I go into safe mode, I get the windows setup to resume (preparing windows or something like that) but then it says it can not finish the install in safe mode, reboots, and black screen again.

Upon reboot I get the bios -> Starting windows -> Green progress bar with microsoft copyright -> black screen first then black screen (where the screen is clearly off so no input)

I tried another recovery, same thing happens.

My bios version is 1.08, I could try to update it to 1.15 but couldn't get a usb to boot (I only have a mac now and acer gave me a ZYB_115.exe file which I put a a stick and tried to boot on but couldn't).

If the recovery won't work what are my solutions ?

thanks for your help.

Edit : added 3rd recovery progress.

Answers