Aspire 7741G anti-aliasing problem in 800x600

Options
Blop
Blop Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I have an Aspire 7741G and in 800x600, it has an horrible aliasing. The whole desktop is like that. Everything. Moreover, it also happens when I am running native 800x600 softwares in higher resolutions if I fullscreen them, which is supposed to be normal? like it switches the resolution time for the application to run, or something like that?

My question is how to enable anti-aliasing in lower resolution?

I already reinstalled my computer with the factory settings with no success. Btw, the reinstallation process was also horribly aliased too (not sure if it is supposed to be like that).

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,605 Trailblazer
    Options

Did it always seem to be this way?

Check device mgr for the display adapter and driver version that came with your machine. Then check your notebook model #  at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers to see if it's the most recent display driver.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Blop
    Blop Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, it had always been this way. I am forced to use another computer each time I need to use a 800x600 software and that's not a little deal when you are talking to a fan of oldies. This is a really annoying situation.

I am kind of noobish when it comes to that kind of (driver) issues so I want to be clear so you can be sure I didn't do the wrong thing. If by "display driver" you mean the VGA driver (where, effectively, I found during the installation a ATI display driver to check), then it was already up to date.

Then, just to be sure, I updated everything that was showing in the device manager but everything was already up to date.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,605 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, the vga display driver, whatever model you have. My only other suggestion is to check the ATI (or whoever owns them now) website for newer drivers than the 2010-2012 drivers that Acer lists.  However, you may be faced with the dilemma of "oldies" that were written at a time when your display adapter was considered beyond the OtS state of the art. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ