Aspire 7551-2575 (MS2310) Black Screen of Death - Recovery BIOS file name?!?!

FearlessFreddy
FearlessFreddy Member Posts: 2 New User

One morning, laptop powers-on (Blue led on power button and on front bezel), no display, fans spin up and down, CD drive makes the usual seek sound. Attached external screen from my desktop, no display either, no POST!!. Removed HD, RAM, NIC, no change. No beeping what so ever, really looks like the notorious Acer BSOD i've read about. What I need is the EXACT name I should rename the BIOS file (JE70D118.ROM) to be able to use the Phoenix BIOS recovery function (FN+ESC+PWR) with the BIOS file on a USB key or SD card. Seems to be a national secret or something... Acer does not seem to have this documented anywhere.... including the actual BIOS recovery procedure.... so I'm hoping someone has access to said information... Yes, I've tried the PhoenixTool, it doesn't give me the file name.....

Freddy....  

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try the following link: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/

"The instructions below specify using arbitrary names (like bios.fd) for the recovery information. In most cases you can determine the correct file recovery name for your machine by using Andy P’s SLIC tool from My Digital Life. This will help you determine the correct recovery name for your BIOS when you load it into the tool and will also help you make sure you correctly identify your BIOS type (Award, AMI, Phoenix, Insyde, etc.)"

• FearlessFreddy
    FearlessFreddy Member Posts: 2 New User

Please take the time to read the actual post, specifically the last line. No newb here.

Freddy....

• JohnnyBravoz
    JohnnyBravoz Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

FearlessFreddy, did you fix the problem in the end??

I have the same problem!!

How do I flash the BIOS on the 7551G ???