Aspire 722-0473 HDD Replacemnet_Win7 Install Not seeing HDD..Despite.....

TarBaby
TarBaby Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Aspire 722-0473 HDD Replacemnet_Segate HDD. Same as the OEm HDD....Win7 Install Not seeing HDD..Despite..downloading every driver I have been able to find from AMD (NForce)...I'm not a newbie to this sort of thing but I am not above the "I know everything" sort of IT admin....I CAN learn and WILL listen...

I have searched hi n lo for two days....run the win7 install, no HDD visible...searched the USB drive I have loaded with hundreds of drivers...all to no avail so this thing has become a $300 door stop. If anyone can shed some light, I would be eternally greatful as it was a gift to my aunt and now she is going bananas and I really don't want to drop another 3 bills.

This is ridiculus that there is no more support for this product than there is. I even downloaded a new iso from digital river hoping the drivers would be there..dead end...

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• TarBaby
    Answer ✓

Following laurent_14 suggestions, I verified the HDD was in good working order.

Using DiskPart with the command "clean", resolved the issue. (to be honest, I totally forgot about diskpart)

I'm now sitting at "Choose user name for your account" window on a fresh install of Win7.

Thank you to laurent_14 and their assistance. During this process, I did discover the CPU fan is not operational. I've got a new one on the way.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I would unplug the HDD, clean the contacts with alcohol and a qtip,and replug it making sure it is securely plugged in.If it still doesn't work, I would try it in another laptop if I can.There's always the chance the new one is defective.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,016 Trailblazer

Hello TarBaby,

1- Did you see the HDD in the bios setup utilty

2- You can check your new HDD with Seatools like this:

Seatools Text V1.12 

Seatools tutorial: Here

Tools and file:

1- Download the file Seatools for dos version V1.12 (Text) - ISO CD-ROM IMAGE: SeaToolsDOS112.ISO

2- Download ISO Toolkit (portable version - no installation): ISOToolkit.zip

3- Download Win32 Disk Imager (portable version - no installation): Win32 Disk Imager

Procedure:

1- Format your USB key with the Windows Disk Manager in FAT32.

2- Execute ISO Toolkit --> Extract image tab, you extract SeaToolsDOS112.ISO in a folder.

3- In this folder, rename SeaTools.ima --> SeaTools.img

4- Execute Win32 Disk Imager, write Image File: SeaTools.img (new one) on your usb key.

Normally, you'll find these files and folder on your USB key:

Image-1.jpg

5- Boot on your USB key

6- Make Short (touch S) and Long (touche L) test only.

7- To quit the program CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot.

France
  • TarBaby

Yes, the drive shows in the BIOS so I doubt it's a connectivity issue.

I'll use the tools you provided and post the results.

Thank you for your assistance.

• TarBaby
    Answer ✓

Following laurent_14 suggestions, I verified the HDD was in good working order.

Using DiskPart with the command "clean", resolved the issue. (to be honest, I totally forgot about diskpart)

I'm now sitting at "Choose user name for your account" window on a fresh install of Win7.

Thank you to laurent_14 and their assistance. During this process, I did discover the CPU fan is not operational. I've got a new one on the way.