Aspire 5750g doesn't detect wifi hardware after disassembly

jonhthough
jonhthough Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I had to disassemble my Aspire 5750g for the second time after the second power jack failure in two years and after putting everything back together my computer does not see any WIFI hardware in Win 8.1 x64. I admit I might've missed something during assembly, but I am still pretty sure that everything was in place.

I'd like to ask about about the location of the WiFi module on the motherboard and the way it is connected to the motherboard (is it integrated or does it have to be plugged in like speakers, microphone or power jack for that matter.

Thanks for any kind of help.

I apologize if I chose the wrong forum for the topic, I could not find aspire notebooks section.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

The wireless card looks like the below (not sure which you have). The two screw terminals are for the antenna but if not detecting the hardware is more likely the bottom connector is not seated properly.

• jonhthough
    jonhthough Member Posts: 2 New User

You're my saviour man! Must've pulled the card off the socket...

On the other hand, I noticed my headphone socket failed as well. After plugging in my headphones nothing happens and the sound continues to play from built-in speakers. I would've thought that the socket is integrated with the motherboard, could I have missed something?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Control Panel>Sound>Playback. Select Headphone.