Aspire 5750 factory reinstal issue

Mikeinatruck
Mikeinatruck Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi All

I am havng to reinstall my wifes Aspire 5750 back to factory settings as it had so much junk built up it was easier, problem is it looks like it might have a faulty hard drive, it runs sooo slow after reinstalling before i do anything to it, if I replace the the hard drive is there a way of copying the original software off the partition and putting it onto the new hard drive? Last time I had an acer hard drive fail Acer were good enough to send me the software, i thought of using that but it was Windows 8 and the wifes one is Windows 7.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

I would suggest you to backup everything in your current hard drive on to an external hard drive, create a recovery CD, change the boot order in BIOS( DVD 1st boot), boot with the recovery CD, connect the external hard drive(USB),

Recover the image to your new hard drive.

You need: 1 USB Hard drive enclosure 2. Any backup utility such as AOMEI, Macrium reflect.

• Mikeinatruck
    Mikeinatruck Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the quick reply, does not seem as difficult as I thought, i will look into it a  bit more and check out the software you mentioned, many thanks.