Aspire 5750 WIFI problem

Options
RAS43
RAS43 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My Aspire is 4 years old and has worked fine until this year. We take it along on our RV trips and connect at campgrounds, libraries or other outlets. It will connect to the system we are at but then the pages will not load or are very slow to load. An example is I connected at a familiar library and then it slowly opened my home page but would then not open my email account. There WIFI indicator light is orange not blue like the other 3 indicators. I have never noticed the color before as it always worked so I don't know if it should be orange or blue. Appreciate any help!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try removing the cover on the bottom and see if one of the antenna wires has came off the wifi card.

• RAS43
    Options

Okay I removed the cover for the memory compartment and found two wires connected to what I believe is the wifw card and they appear okay and connected. Anything else I can check?  And I correct to assume that I should have a blue indictor light for the wifi, not the orange light I have now?

• RAS43
    Options

Still looking for a solution for this problem. We will be traveling next week and the laptop is needed!

• philetus
    Options

Are you talking about an actual light or the icon in the system tray with 5 bars? Whaat does that look like?

• RAS43
    Options

I am talking about an actual light that is located on the front edge of the computer left of center. There are also indicator lights for battery, power and disk drive.

• philetus
    Options

I saw a post on a forum said the orange light is normal.In Device Manager is there a question mark or anything on the wifi adapter? Have you tried reinstalling the driver? Do you have the Atheros AR5BWB222 wifi adapter? 

• RAS43
    Options

There is nothing indicating a problem in Device Manager. The wifi is Intel and I tried to download a driver from Acer and it was stated that I already have a newer version. Still have issues at times where wifi connects but won't load pages and I still have the oeange light.

• philetus
    Options
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options

You could also try switching the bandwith from Auto to 20MHz only under Advanced tab as shown in my snip.

Untitled.jpg

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

Also make sure in network adapters, properties, power management, that

the box is UNCHECKED that allows the pc to turn off power for the adapter.dm power.jpg

• McGee
    McGee Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Buy new WiFi adapter that is not expensive and solve all problémy with Wi-Fi